Good evening. Here are updates from the 27 August 2020 IATF-EID briefing:
1. CLARIFICATIONS FROM THE AUGUST 25 PRESIDENTIAL BRIEFING
• All funds that were spent in the fight against COVID-19 will be accounted for.
• NTF FOR COVID-19 to properly report on how all the funds were spent and their intended purpose.
• Safety measures are in place to prevent corruption.
• PHP 41 billion disbursed under the Small Business Wage Subsidy Program.
• All disbursements should be done through digital transactions.
• Task Force PhilHealth has been established to expedite ongoing investigations and special audits and resolve pending cases that involve the agency's officials.
2. DOTr UPDATES
• DOTr to implement contactless transactions in the following tollways: SLEX, CAVITEX, NLEX, South Metro Manila Skyway, STAR Tollway, SCTEX, and CALAX.
3. CHED UPDATES
• Options for flexible learning: full online; blended; and offline with limited face-to-face (in January)
• IATF-EID Resolution No. 36 on rolling opening of classes based on education delivery mode and compliance with minimum health standards:
a. Full online education: open in June
b. Using flexible learning: August
c. Using face-to-face/in-person mode: to open later
• Rolling opening of schools
- 20 HEIs opened from June to July mostly using pure online methods
- 731 HEIs are opening this August
- 186 HEIs will open in September & October
• CHED initiatives
- PHL CHE Connect, a website where learning materials can be used by faculty and students
- Massive teaching training programs
- Partnerships with SUCs and LGUs for quarantine areas or isolation units
- Grants to SUCs to make masks and disinfectants and psychosocial support for students and faculty
- Improvement of connectivity with the support of DICT
- Temporary suspension of NMAT and Student Internship Abroad Programs
- Consultation with SUCs, LUCs, and private HEIs for crafting guidelines for limited face-to-face classes and other higher education policies
• Support from Bayanihan 2
- PHP 3 billion pesos allocated for the development of smart campuses across the country to cope with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic to higher education and PHP 300 million for part-time teaching and non-teaching personnel of SUCs
• On the support for struggling private HEIs: Under the law, it is not part of the mandate of CHED to support HEIs in funding their operations. CHED can assist teachers, such as displaced faculty, and provide support to students.
4. UPDATES FROM NCCA
• Established cash assistance program to support artists and cultural workers; PHP 69 million provided as assistance for approximately 10,000 artists and cultural workers
• Quick Response - NCCA Cash Assistance Program as part of Bayanihan Act
• Launch of Padayon, an educational and informative program on culture and arts for students