Reference No. (2020-10-50)
The Honorable City Mayors
The LCP Executive Director
Invitation to Participate in the 6th Asia Pacific Futures Network Conference
|DATE:||15 October 2020|
The Philippine Futures Thinking Society (PhilFutures), in cooperation with its partners, will host the 6th Asia Pacific Futures Network Conference with the theme “Regenerating Asia 2050: Using futures literacy to transform governance, culture, and economy” on 19-21 November 2020 via online platform.
The APFN Conference is a gathering of leaders and futurists that seeks to imagine what might the Asia Pacific look like in a generation. Embedding culture and using futures literacy to transform ways of knowing, imagining, and creating alternative, preferable, and emergent future worlds. New insights and concepts, conversations, foresight programs, projects, initiatives, and actions came out of these conferences.
Last year’s conference in Bangkok, Thailand, proved to be successful with about 150 participants. This year, it hopes to attract at least 500 participants from a global audience, including academics and professionals from universities, think tanks, government agencies, non-profits, and the private sector. It will be a three-day virtual conference that seeks to explore and accentuate:
1. Case studies and presentations that demonstrate how futures literacy has influenced decision-making, planning, leadership and policy processes i.e., government, corporate, civic, non-government, communities, etc.;
2. Perspectives, provocations, viewpoints, and visions of a regenerative Asia or a regenerative society in a post-pandemic or post-normal world;
3. Sharing of new futures thinking concepts, tools, methods, processes, and innovations in foresight through virtual action-learning workshops, games, and talk sessions;
4. State of the Future in Asia – preferred, emerging and alternative future worlds; and
5. Collaboration, networking, and stimulate learning and exchanges between and among futurists, practitioners, policy-makers, decisionmakers, planners, academics, and participants who are new to the field of futures literacy and strategic foresight.
In this regard, we invite your office to participate in this virtual conference. You may also apply as a presenter. If interested, kindly see the attached letter for details and refer to the links below to register:
Participant’s Registration: : https://tinyurl.com/APFN2020-Registration Call for Presenters: https://tinyurl.com/APFN-Presenters
Should you have any queries or concerns, you may contact PhilFutures directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much.
Atty. Shereen Gail C. Yu-Pamintuan